Saturday, February 2, 2008

Introduction

This blog will be a place for me to address some of the technical issues I encounter while working in the enterprise data warehouse department of a large academic medical center.

My entries will likely be fairly technical, focusing on C#, ASP.NET, SQL Server, Reporting Services, Analysis Services, SSIS, and so on. Of course, these technologies are but means to a much more interesting end. By presenting pertinent information quickly and easily (others have done with much success), I hope to be a driving force in improving clinical quality and expediting medical research.

In medicine, as in any domain, you can’t fix what you can’t measure. That’s where I come in.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello Ford,

I have seen your work on the CCR and Healthvault and would like to see if you have time to help me.

I have designed a .NET-based PHR and have a need to make my application CCR-Compatible(Healthvault-Compatible). I have "most" of the fields required in my database(Putting time stamps on stuff now), but I need some help in making my Access Database Application match that of what is required for the CCR. My partner does the Access stuff and knows the XML and XSD stuff, but I am missing the connection between what is required in the CCR Fields and what I have in my database. I know that we are ALMOST there, but I still need some help. My partner and I are going at it alone, but we could pay you a bit for some guidance or help to get us there. Please email me here in San Diego if you have some time. I see that you are a student, so I don't want to interfere with your school work. I just need a kick-start to begin. I can also call you if you like. My cell is 619-890-5003

Thanks and if you are too busy, then good luck with school!

Sincerely,
Jonathan Tate